Sunday, October 13, 2013

Off-topic: Newlyweds

I'm not a wedding photographer. It's demanding work with long hours, high expectations and always the fear that "the shot" will be missed. At least that's how it seems to me. Once, a friend requested I take photos at her wedding--she hadn't hired a pro. I spent the afternoon in a near-panic, afraid I'd miss something or someone, and entirely unable to enjoy a lovely event.

So when our son Sam married Angie in October, I was happy they hired a pro (Michael Fletcher of Riverside, CA.) I left my camera in the car during the ceremony. I pulled it out for the reception and took some candids, one of which is below. Technically it's not much: the disco lighting yields some strange skin tones, and noise reduction can only do so much when shot at ISO 12,800. But aren't they just adorable?


Newlyweds Angie Beckon Wight and Sam Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment