Monday, November 18, 2013

A Favorite Location

There are places to which I return with my camera because I often find something beautiful and unique. The Lewes and Rehoboth Canal is such a place. Susan and I spent the weekend in Lewes and I spent early Saturday morning at the canal.

The canal is a short piece of the Intracoastal Waterway in Sussex County, Delaware. I return to a spot near its northern end, south of the town of Lewes. Saturday at dawn it was raining and misty. I considered staying indoors at the wonderful John Penrose Virden B&B (which is another location worth returning to) but I set out anyway. The Pentax K-5 is said to be highly weather-resistant and seemed unbothered by the wet and cold. My hands, feet and face were a different matter.

But the water, the vegetation and the light combined in interesting ways, and I forgot about the rain for a while.



Lewes and Rehoboth Canal

No comments:

Post a Comment