Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Last of Winter

The title of this blog is a hopeful one; I resisted ending with a question mark. It's hard to imagine getting another storm like this in March in our part of the country. The spring equinox is but 17 days away.

There are still a few hours before it clears and we must shovel. Nothing better to do than to put on the long lens and shoot into the storm. We're fortunate to have lots of trees around our home: they are always willing subjects. In my imagination, even they are tiring of this long, cold winter. In fact, buds are appearing, raising hopes of warmth to come.

I confess to shooting from the windows instead of donning winter gear and going outside. I confess to shooting in my pajamas. My excuse is, 'tis better to shoot imperfectly than not to shoot at all. Spring approaches and my excuses will melt away, but not quite yet.


Tree and Snow, March 2014

The details: Pentax K-5, tripod-mounted, 1/3200 sec. at f/4.5, ISO 1600, 85 mm (Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO)


No comments:

Post a Comment