Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Two images for Tokens and Sentiments exhibit

Two of my images have been accepted for the Capitol Arts Network show, Tokens and Sentiments. The show opens on Friday, February 7, 2014 in CAN's Urban by Nature Gallery, and runs through Wednesday, February 26th.

The show will feature the work of invited artist Pam Rogers, and "will be a unique, real-world take on love and romance that is not necessarily the greeting card version of the story". I hope you will be able to see it.

Here are the images I'll show. Paw Paw was taken in one of my favorite locations, the C&O Canal Historical Park, on the Maryland side of the Potomac River. Paw paw trees are indigenous; I'd seen the paw paw fruit previously in late summer but I had never seen one in blossom. Friendly folks on the park website helped me identify the blossoms in this image.

The Dalmatian Iris image is from another favorite location, Brookside Gardens, a public display garden in Wheaton Regional Park in Montgomery County, MD. The image was made in early morning during a photo class conducted by Nikhil Bahl.


Paw Paw

Dalmatian Iris




No comments:

Post a Comment